Magnetic particle testing
Magnetic particle testing is one of the very common NDT methods. The main application is in the automotive and aerospace industry, and also in energetics and transportation industry. Due to simple physical background this method is easy to perform and it is very often required during the maintenance of the plant. MT is able to detect the surface and sub-surface imperfections (cracks, porosity, inclusions etc.) in the ferromagnetic (Fe) material. For other materials (non-ferromagnetic) MT is not applicable.
The ferromagnetic material becomes magnetically saturated if it is magnetized in a proper way. The material discontinuity has different magnetic properties (usually is non-magnetic – air inside of the crack, slug or gas in porosity). This inhomogeneity of the magnetic properties deforms magnetic field, its force lines step off the material to surface, and create the scatter magnetic flow. This flow holds the information about magnetic inhomogeneity. The magnetic powder is applied on the surface of the material. This powder is in place of the material magnetic properties fitted to the surface by the scattered magnetic flow. This fitted cluster of magnetic powder creates an indication. The indications have bright or colour contrast and could be easily seen on the background material. The MT is able to detect the imperfections from width of a few microns.
Our Magnetic Particle Testing Products
- Choice of constant level AC or variable intensity, pulsed Sold state circuit for infinitely variable (step less) potentiometric adjustment of DC magnetic field.
- Articulated legs to suit differing component contours. Inter pole distance adjustable from 0 to 300mm.
- Low power consumption/ Current draw at 220v, single phase-only 2amps.
- Strong and intense magnetic field for superior sensitivity Portable & light weight – only 3.5 kgs.
- Can be used for AC De-magnetisation too.
- Used to find both surface and near-surface discontinuities
- Articulating, double-jointed legs contour to part’s shape for superior contact
- Solid state controls located in the yoke’s housing for maximum safety and reliability.
PERMANENT MAGNET YOKE
- It is ideal for effective magnetization of components for crack detection, particularly where the use of electromagnetic yoke is impractical or prohibited for safety reasons.
- The hinged arms and rotating pole pieces facilitate the local inspection of a diverse range of components such as critical welds in structures of fabrication, casting and automotive components.
- Permanent Magnetic Yoke is a portable and convenient means of magnetizing components for crack detection.
- It is supplied with a keeper bar, which has false indications so you can easily check the magnetization strength.
- Field strength in centre of 50mm air gap, more than 400 gauss
- Weighs 7 lbs.
- Pull test – > 40 lbs. Field strength, with pole tips in contact > 7,000 gauss
- Gauss pull test – > 40 lbs. lift
- No electrical supply needed
HEAD SHOT EQUIPMENT
- Multidirectional Magnetization unit
- Capability to magnetize up to 6000 amps
- Provides Alternating current (AC) and full wave DC (HWDC)
- It can be used in industries like Forging Shops, Aircraft overhaul stations, Heat treatment plants etc.
RIGID COIL EQUIPMENT
- 10’’ coil ID, 15’’ coil OD, wear resistant casting Equipped with footswitch for energizing Magnetic current.
- 10’’ flexible line cable 230v\115v, 50\60 hz single phase power source 3500 amps-turn.
MAGNETIC INDICATOR STRIP
- It is used to provide a guide to the strength of the magnetic field at the precise point of their location.
- Flexible indicators used to detect appropriate levels of magnetic field strength and directional orientation.
- Permeable magnetic steel sandwiched between two brass plates.
ASTM TEST BLOCK
- It is a Test piece for checking longitudinal Field Of Yoke Type Crack Detector.
- ASTM test block is also known as MPT test bar used in Magnetic particle inspection.
- It has 7 numbers of artificial flaws (side drilled holes).
- It is used to check for magnetism before testing.
- To check the polarity of a Field Check Residual Magnetism after De-magnetizing.
- Used to establish direction of magnetic field
- Meets MIL-STD-271, ASTM E709, and ASTM E1444 requirements
- The TB-10 Magnetic Weight Lift Test Bar Provides for the calibration and certification of magnetic particle
- These test weights have been designed to interlock together so that 4 blocks can be adapted to an 18kg test weight for DC Yokes
- The Ketos Ring is used to check overall performance of the magnetic particle examination system.
- Provides the operator with a qualitative measure of Defect Sensitivity, Bath (particle) performance and Equipment
- Pocket gadget to measure Visible light intensity
UV LIGHT METER
- Pocket gadget to measure UV light intensity
- Cost Effective & portable UV Torch.
- allows easy and prompt identification of UV-A that is used in the inspection product ranges
- Optimum performances with Koop-glass filter.
- Cool to touch on heating housing & Handle.
- Safety bezel prevents accidental damage to filter & bulb.
- Tough aluminum housing for rugged use.
- Comfort grip with concealed cable connection.
TRAINING UV LIGHT
- UV light equipment solution should provide the necessary UV-A light intensity and beam spread to achieve the required of specified inspection range of 365nm
- Used to Measure depth detectability of prod technique
- The ring has a number of artificial defects for both Dry and wet method
- meets ASTM E-1444-05
- Used to clamp the rigid component without creating the sparks
HORSE SHOE MAGNET
- A horseshoe magnet is a U-shaped metal object that produces a magnetic field.
- It is one type of permanent magnet, meaning that it stays magnetized, as opposed to an electromagnet, whose magnetic field can be started and stopped.
- Its Show polarity of horse shoe magnet
AMMETER AND VOLTMETER
- Calibrated meters to show accurate current and volt settings of a stationery MPI equipment
- A voltmeter is an instrument used for measuring electrical potential difference between two points in an electric circuit. An ammeter is a measuring device used to measure the electric current in a circuit.
- It’s supplied with suitable stand for keeping it upright while checking the bath concentration.
- It is available as a set and is accompanied by the test certificate
- An inexpensive spray unit for the application of magnetic ink
- Sylvania Mercury UV Lamb
- 100watt Bulb.
- Can give output up to 2600 uw/cm2
UV LIGHT FILTER
- It’s used to filter harmful UV Rays and Provide fluorescent inspections
- As a standard, a UV (blocking) filter was used, transparent to visible light while filtering out shorter ultraviolet wavelengths.
- A powder ‘Puffer’ for the application of dry magnetic powder.
- The powder dispenser is for the application of dry magnetic powders or penetrant powder developer.
- The top contains fine mesh gauze for the even distribution of the powder over the component whilst it is being tested.
- Contact Block enables extension cables, prods and clamps to be used remotely from a wet horizontal unit.
- The Contact block is clamped between the head and tail stock and cables are bolted to conductive plates at each end of the block.
UV ABSORBING SPECTACLES
- UV-absorbing eyewear and clear plastic face shields are specially designed to protect the user against most ultraviolet light sources.
- Insulated copper bars used where component have through holes, thin wall or offset when insufficient current is available for single shot.
- Provides a dark environment for fluorescent inspection at a stationary equipment
- Provides safety for the operator
- Provides Dark environment for fluorescent inspection
- Two hand-held electrodes which are pressed against the surface of a part to make contact for passing magnetizing current through the metal.
- The current passing between the two contacts creates a field suitable for finding defects with magnetic particles.
- Individual contact prod for maximum flexibility
- Capability to Magnetize up to 6000 amps
- Provides Alternating current and full wave DC (HWDC)
- It can be used in the forging shops etc.