API 570 Question
1.For 8” ND Sch 40 and 8” ND Sch 80 pipes,
- OD for both pipes will be same
- IDs and ODs for both pipes will be different
- Average pipe diameters for both will be same
- ID for both pipes will be same
2.Hot tapping is best described by statement:
- It is technique of heating the pipe to specified temperature and gently tapping with 1 lb. rounded hammer to detect thinning of pipe wall
- It is technique of providing a tapping connection while pipe system is in operation
- It is technique of fixing a water tap on hot water lines for use during winter
- It is act of using the tap and die for threading the pipe when the pipe is hot
3.Which of the following defines the term hold point?
- The point at which a pipe hanger is attached to a pipe.
- A point at which a U-clamp is fixed on the pipe.
- A point at pipe beyond which work may not proceed until inspections have been performed and documented
- A trunnion, or sliding shoe used for piping support systems
4.Which of the following statements is true?
- Flange rating indicates flange diameter.
- Other factors remaining same, ERW pipes can withstand higher pressure than seamless pipes.
- Deadlegs means pipes with broken supports.
- API 570 is applicable for metallic pipes only.
5.Post weld heat treatment is carried out
- To increase Hardness
- To increase Tensile strength
- To release locked-up stresses in the weld
- None of above.
6.What section of the ASME boiler and pressure vessel code is the basic document for welding procedure qualification?
- Section III
- Section VIII
- Section IX
- ASME Section II C
7.What can be caused to ferrous metals by the low operating temperatures?
- Increase of ductility
- Loss of ductility and toughness
- Increase in plasticity or deformation
- Decrease in yield strength
8.API 570 is intended to apply to:
- New piping in the chemical Industry
- Piping that has been placed in service
- New piping in the Petroleum Refinery
- New piping in the Paper Industry
9.If a welder is to be qualified in all positions he must pass test in which positions?
- 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G
- 5G and 4G
- 5G and 4G
10.ASTM A 106 Gr B pipes belong to which type?
- Seamless only
- ERW only
- Seamless or ERW depending on type of Grade
- None of above