API 570 – Piping Inspector
This course is designed to maximize your success in passing the API 570 Piping Inspector Certification Examination by learning how to:
- understand what the API Body of Knowledge requires exam candidates to know;
- efficiently reference the API and ASME Codes during the API ICP examination; and
- complete all calculations required of exam candidates during the API ICP examination.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND API 570 TRAINING
This training course is intended for API 570 inspector examination candidates who have both inspection experience and experience working with the API and ASME Codes. Experience with API and ASME Codes is required during the supervision of inspection activities as described in the ICP Qualification Requirements. API ICP exam candidates are expected to have a broad base of general knowledge and experience covering all topics described in the API Body of Knowledge.
API ICP exam candidates are expected to have a broad base of general knowledge and experience covering all topics described in the API Body of Knowledge. Topics listed in the API Body of Knowledge will be discussed in this training course. This is an exam preparation course and will focus only on the exam elements.
This training course includes all of the following:
– Study of API and ASME Codes
– Reviewing example problems and detailed solutions
– Solving practice problems and reviewing detailed solutions
– 6 days of instructor-led review and discussion of API and ASME Codes
– Two practice exams with answer keys and detailed math solutions for home study
– A half-day instructor-led review of math problem solutions from post-classroom practice exams the three day before the exam
REQUIRED CODE DOCUMENTS
All participants must bring the API and ASME Code documents referenced in the API Effectivity Sheet. Besure to obtain the correct editions of each document as
noted on the API Effectivity Sheet.
ESL does not receive any information from API concerning the specific contents of the exams or the details of the exam locations; nor does ESL determine who is qualified to write the exam.
API requires that all candidates apply for examination directly through API and adheres to strict application deadlines.